Our skin loses its firmness and elasticity as we age, resulting in wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin. In the past, the only way to address these issues was through invasive surgical procedures, which involved considerable downtime and discomfort. However, with advancements in cosmetic medicine, non-surgical treatments have become more popular, including PDO thread therapy.
PDO threads, known as polydioxanone threads, are medical-grade sutures that lift, tighten, and rejuvenate the skin. The threads are made of a biodegradable material, which means they are eventually absorbed by the body and do not leave any long-lasting effects. This article will dig out everything you need to know about PDO thread therapy, including the procedure, the benefits, the risks, and the aftercare.
What is PDO thread therapy?
PDO thread therapy is a non-surgical treatment that involves inserting medical-grade sutures under the skin to lift, tighten, and rejuvenate the skin. The sutures are made of a biodegradable material called polydioxanone, which means that they are absorbed by the body over time and do not cause any long-lasting effects.
The procedure involves a healthcare professional inserting the threads into the skin using a thin needle. The threads are then pulled tight, creating a lift in the skin. The threads also stimulate collagen production, further improving the skin’s appearance.
What are the benefits of PDO thread therapy?
PDO thread therapy offers several benefits, including:
- Lifting and tightening the skin: PDO threads create an immediate lifting effect lasting up to two years. The threads also stimulate collagen production, improving the skin’s appearance.
- Reducing wrinkles and fine lines: PDO threads can target specific areas of the face, such as the forehead, cheeks, and jowls, to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Improving skin texture and tone: PDO threads can improve the texture and skin tone by stimulating collagen production.
- Non-surgical: PDO thread therapy is a non-surgical treatment that involves minimal downtime and discomfort.
- Minimal side effects: PDO thread therapy has minimal side effects, such as bruising and swelling, which usually subside within a few days.
Who is an ideal candidate for PDO thread therapy?
PDO thread therapy is suitable for individuals experiencing mild to moderate sagging skin and wrinkles. It is also an excellent option for individuals not ready to undergo surgical procedures or who want to avoid extensive downtime.
However, individuals with severe skin laxity may not be suitable candidates for PDO thread therapy, as the treatment may not provide significant results. It is essential to discuss your medical history and any medications you are taking with your healthcare professional before undergoing PDO thread therapy.
What is the PDO thread therapy procedure like?
Depending on the treatment area, the PDO thread therapy procedure typically takes 30 minutes to an hour to complete. The healthcare professional will first numb the treatment area with a local anesthetic. Once the area is numb, they insert the threads under the skin with a thin needle. The threads are then pulled tight, creating a lift in the skin.
Once the threads are in place, the healthcare professional will trim any excess thread and complete the procedure. The treated area may be red, swollen, or bruised for a few days after the procedure.
Potential risks and side effects of PDO thread therapy
PDO thread therapy has minimal risks and side effects and typically subside within a few days. Some potential risks and side effects include:
- Swelling and bruising: The treated area may be bruised and swollen for a few days after the procedure. Applying cold compresses to the affected area can help reduce swelling and bruising.
- Infection: There is a small risk of infection with any medical procedure. It is essential to keep the treatment area clean and dry and to follow any aftercare instructions provided by the healthcare professional.
- Thread migration: In rare cases, the threads may migrate or move from their original position. This can be corrected with a follow-up procedure.
- Nerve damage: There is a small risk of nerve damage with any medical procedure. Choosing a qualified and experienced healthcare professional to perform the procedure is essential.
It is essential to discuss any potential risks and side effects with your healthcare professional before undergoing PDO thread therapy.
What is the recovery process like after PDO thread therapy?
The recovery process after PDO thread therapy is relatively quick and straightforward. The treated area may be red, swollen, or bruised for a few days after the procedure. Applying cold compresses to the affected area can help reduce swelling and bruising.
It is essential to avoid strenuous exercise for at least 48 hours after the procedure to allow the treated area to heal. It is also necessary to avoid touching or rubbing the treated area and to keep it clean and dry. Most individuals can resume normal activities within a few days after the procedure.
How long do the results of PDO thread therapy last?
The results of PDO thread therapy can last for up to two years. However, the exact time the results last will depend on several factors, such as the individual’s age, skin condition, and lifestyle factors.
It is essential to follow a good skincare routine and to avoid excessive sun exposure and other lifestyle factors that can damage the skin to maintain the results of PDO thread therapy.
In conclusion, PDO thread therapy is an excellent non-surgical option for individuals looking to improve their skin’s appearance and texture. The procedure offers several benefits, including lifting and tightening the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, and improving skin tone. Choosing a qualified and experienced healthcare professional to perform the procedure and follow any aftercare instructions is essential.
Consider visiting Savvy Beauty and Wellness for PDO thread therapy or other non-surgical beauty treatments. They are a trusted and reputable clinic with a team of highly skilled healthcare professionals who can help you achieve your desired results. Rest assured; you’re in good hands with their state-of-the-art technology and personalized treatment plans. Contact them today to schedule your consultation and begin your journey to a more youthful, radiant appearance.